The Senior Vice President, Research or Chief Scientific Officer will be responsible for the company’s strategic research roadmap, including next generation and/or blue-sky research activities in support of the company’s global portfolio strategy. Oversees the entire research organization, translating the company’s scientific portfolio strategy into research priorities and operational goals for the business.
- Drive innovation through a deep understanding of immunotherapy and creative application of novel technologies and develop a robust and high-quality product portfolio
- Oversee all discovery projects and scientific operations to ensure the organization meets its scientific objectives
- Set clear expectations, give appropriate autonomy, and guide team members. Manage performance by providing feedback, guidance/teaching, and development opportunities
- Lead and manage the development of annual scientific goals, including obtaining and acting upon inputs from the Board of Directors, the Scientific Advisory Committee, and collaborators.
- Work closely with the President and other executives to ensure the Board of Directors are well informed. Specifically, responsible for reporting and obtaining feedback on scientific objectives to the Board of Directors
- Establish and effectively manage industrial and academic collaborations and internal/external partners
- Ensure up to date knowledge of developments in discovery research and practices and timely dissemination of this knowledge
Desired Skills and Experience
- PhD in immunology or equivalent with a minimum of 15 years of relevant proven experience in drug development
- Self-starter with strong scientific curiosity and rigor, excellent interpersonal and analytic skills, high ethical standards, and outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to be part of a highly innovative, dynamic, and growing company aimed at developing novel therapeutics for patients
- Demonstrable ability and enthusiasm for identifying, setting, and meeting critical deliverables to deliver clinical candidates into development
- Track record of developing efficient discovery processes and leading complex cross-functional team collaborations, including managing relationships with internal and external collaborators
- Proven track record of advancing programs through discovery, IND-enabling studies, and IND filing
- Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to celebrate differences and encourage scientific openness and frank discussion
- Team oriented and invests in the success of others
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Alpine team members enjoy competitive salaries, equity participation (stock options), and an excellent benefits package including health and life insurance, a 401 (k), FSA, and generous paid time off benefits.
Alpine is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Alpine is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.